More time has passed. WOW this just takes for ever. I have done heaps more on the Processing side now and managed to get full colour up and running on my breadboard. My order of 4, 8×8 RGB matrices arrived and I got them together as soon as I could. But when I re wrote the code for colour I was VERY disappointed with the results.

This was my first attempt:

It is a bit hard to make out but it was very washed out even to my eyes. I could barely see that it was playing a video. I spent a long time looking to figure out what I was doing wrong. Turns out it was to do with how our eyes don’t perceive LED light (PWM light) in a linear way. Once I wrote in a function to account for this I got much better results.

Much better:

Let me know what you think. If anyone is reading this! 😛

Advertisements